Production photo showing the Not!Paris stand in before he’s digitally replaced.
AU where everyone on Voyager has a mustache like the one Paris had in Author Author but no one ever comments on it.
B’Elanna Torres and her father Joe
Vidiian scientist Dr. Denara Pel
Janeway, Chakotay and subtlety.
Janeway Unnecessarily Touches Her First Officer Repeatedly: Voyager, a summary.
Very Necessary: It was the only way she could get the crew home. Or something like that…. right?
Here are 6 scientific reasons why it is very necessary for a captain to touch their commander on a regular basis.
1. Feel connected to others.- touch is an important role in a captain’s communication and gives a sense of connection to their commander
2. Reduce anxiety – Simply touching their commander can make a captain feel more secure and less anxious, grounded and safe, and not so all alone.
3. Bonding -,Regular touch is the way a captain continually renew it’s bonds with their commander. If they get to busy and stop touching, they don’t feel as close and relationships suffer.
4. Lowers blood pressure – Captains that touch their commander have lower blood pressure than those that don’t. Touch also help speed recovery times from injuries.
5. Improve outlook – Touching their commander makes the captain feel more optimistic and positive and less cynical and suspicious.
6. Give sensory input – It’s important for proper brain and emotional development that a captain touch their commander in numerous ways so their brains gets the physical inputs it needs to make sense of the world.
Conclusion: It’s very necessary for a captain’s physical, mental and emotional well being to touch their commander and let their commander touch them on a regular basis.
Janeway on the bridge: It’s hard being alone in the Delta Quadrant *stands close to Chakotay* You know, being the leader of a community *touches Chakotay’s face* and you can’t ever really get close to anyone because you’re their superior *massages Chakotay’s shoulders* But I have to be strong for my crew *makes out with Chakotay*
Just a reminder that this happened.
(Not my gif)
Added note: Learned that this gif is from the fabulous @emmikamikatze.
how about another?